In Episode 16 of „Handball in Numbers – The Handballytics Podcast“ former Olympian and EHF Master Coach Mark Hawkins and Julian Rux, founder and owner of Handballytics, are joined Meshkov Brest coach Dani Gordo.
They take a close look at Spain at the EHF EURO 2022, discussing their defence (including a tweet by Juan Andreu who suggested that Aleix Gomez might be the best defender of the tournament) and problems quantifying defence, their goalkeepers and their offence. Besides, we also took a short look at Denmark and Mathias Gidsel.
Hosts: Mark Hawkins & Julian Rux
Guest: Daniel Gordo
Intro: „Aggressive Synth Arp“ by Andrea Guerriero
Other content from Mark and Julian on EHF EURO 2022:
– Twitch/YouTube Live Show with focus on Netherlands, Iceland and Germany vs. Norway
– Digitalisation opens new era for handball (how handball has changed and continues to change through data)
– In numbers: Look back at EHF EURO 2020 and ahead to 2022
– A close look at Iceland’s success
– The shot-stopping stars of the EHF EURO 2022 (introducing a new way to evaluate goalkeepers)
– The impact and evolution of pace
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
🇬🇧 Julian is responsible for most of the content on this website. The Master of Science in Business Administration works - in addition to his main job as a controller - in a part-time job for the Handball Bundesliga (among other things as a columnist) and has also analysed data for Bundesliga clubs.
🇩🇪 Julian ist für den Großteil des Inhalts dieser Website verantwortlich. Der Master of Science der Betriebswirtschaftslehre arbeitet - neben seinem Hauptjob als Controller - im Nebenjob für die Handball-Bundesliga (u.a. als Kolumnist) und hat auch für Bundesligisten Daten analysiert.